Asset Living saw incredible growth across the business that led to many notable milestones and accomplishments in 2021. From our corporate offices to our onsite teams across our student, multi-family, affordable, active adult, and build-to-rent portfolios, we are bringing you the top 21 most notable moments from last year recapped in Asset Living’s “21 in 2021” list!
- 1. Student Housing Business ranked Asset Living as the No. one third-party property manager in student housing for the 11th consecutive year! An accomplishment that would not be possible without the support of Asset’s clients, residents as well as the drive and dedication of Asset’s onsite team members!
- 2. In the final two months of the year, Asset Living announced two new acquisitions: City Gate Property Group and JMG Realty. The City Gate acquisition added an additional 10,000 units to our expanding portfolio making Asset Living one of the largest property managers in the U.S. The JMG acquisition was an investment in Asset Living’s multi-family, affordable and build-to-rent portfolios from both a growth and geographical expansion perspective.
- 3. In April, Asset Living celebrated 35 years of best-in-class client service – a milestone birthday that was an opportunity to reflect on past accomplishments and reveal Asset’s new corporate mission and vision statement.
- 4. Along with a new mission and vision, Asset Living also launched four core company values that best embody the unique qualities that make Asset Living’s employees the best in the industry: Drive, Family, Honesty, and Impact.
- 5. Ranked as the fifth largest property management firm in the country, Asset Living climbed nine spots on the NMHC Top 50 List, rising from 14th to fifth place in one year!
- 6. Hosted six notable speakers at Asset Living’s first virtual conference, a three-day event that included an action-packed schedule also filled with award ceremonies and panel discussions.
- 7. Asset Living partnered with Covenant House and participated in their 10th annual Sleep Out in November. Team members across the country spent one night sleeping out in solidarity to raise awareness around the homeless youth crisis in the U.S. and support for the shared belief that everyone deserves a place to call home. Together, the Asset team raised over $75,000 for Covenant House!
- 8. Asset Living celebrated the 8-year anniversary of acquiring Greystone Asset Management in 2013.
- 9. On LinkedIn, Asset Living grew its followers to over 9,000!
- 10. Over 10,000 hours were donated by Asset Living employees to benefit the communities served nationwide in 2021.
- 11. Asset Living was named the 11th largest management company of affordable multi-family properties in the U.S. by the NAHMA Affordable 100 List.
- 12. Twelve months ago, Asset Living acquired two companies that led to incredible growth, new opportunities, and corporate office expansion in Dallas and Phoenix.
- 13. The 13th landing page went live on the Asset Living website. The Impact landing page gave visitors a way to stay up to date with the company’s latest Impact initiatives and give back efforts.
- 14. More than 1,400 employees nationwide joined #TeamAsset as a new Asset Living employee in 2021.
- 15. In February of 2021, Asset Living grew its real estate portfolio to $15B and over 100,000 units!
- 16. Launched Asset Living’s first military hiring initiative, a dedicated effort made by the recruitment team to locate and interview eligible active and non-active-duty military.
- 17. Asset Living launched its first Asset Ambassador program! With over 50 active members, employees served as dedicated brand advocates leveraging their voices through social media and word of mouth marketing.
- 18. New and improved benefits were offered to Asset Living employees nationwide. These included flexible work options, competitive pay, career development, medical coverage, paid volunteer hours, as well as other extra perks!
- 19. Approximately 19 Asset Living employees hosted property takeovers on the company’s Instagram, giving followers a day in the life perspective of what it is like to work for the leader in third-party property management. Be sure to follow @Asset Living on Instagram to catch future property takeovers as the series continues in 2022!
- 20. Asset Living launched its inaugural Do Good Day on August 20. This day will continue to serve as a chance for everyone – employees, family, and friends – to spread kindness by doing good deeds in local neighborhoods and communities across the nation.
- 21. Asset Living’s CEO and President, Ryan McGrath, was named the 2021 Entrepreneur of the Year for the Gulf Coast Area by EY.
For any questions regarding our properties or services, please feel free to reach us via our contact form.
The information presented on or through this website is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to this website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. Any reference to amenities, services, rules, policies, or procedures at an apartment community is general in nature, and each apartment community may have amenities, services, rules, policies, and procedures that differ from those referenced on this website. Please consult with your apartment community for the exact amenities, services, rules, policies, or procedures applicable.